ARC Review: BOLT: VOLUME ONE (Parts 1-2-3) by Angel Payne

June 13, 2018


Working the night shift at one of Downtown LA’s hottest hotels, Emmalina Crist has had her fair share of strange encounters—but none of them have prepared her for meeting Reece Richards, the charismatic bad boy of the Richards Resorts dynasty. Emma and Reece share an experience unlike anything they could have imagined, leaving Reece enraptured and Emma weighing the consequences of this supercharged night of passion with her boss.
But Emma learns fighting the flames only fans them, as Reece saves her life and is compelled to reveal his true identity as Bolt, the city’s superhero savior. She’s always wanted more than just a typical relationship, but falling in love with the man behind the mask is one electrifying ride. Defining their relationship is no easy task—particularly while they’re being subjected to the media’s spotlight, their families’ intrusions, and racing to stay one step ahead of the fringe scientists who want to get Reece back on their lab table.
Emma is helpless to resist Reece’s passion and power. He’s bolted her heart and soul forever. But can she reach beyond the normal expectations of reality, and even herself, to fight for the one ultimate superpower—true love?

Amazon | Goodreads



My Review


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reece Richards was the typical bad boy billionaire. He came from an affluent empire and he loved to test limits. There was no such thing as too much parties, drugs or sex. One significant night, the betrayal from someone who made him lose hope, changed his life forever. The playboy who was a favorite of the gossip rags was no more. In his place was a man who wanted to atone for his errant ways and to make his mark on mankind. He was a man who trusted no one and therefore had no one. He was a man steeped in a loneliness he couldn’t even identify. Until Emmaline Crist entered his life, changing his outlook on life forever. With her, he found hope again. He learned to believe and trust in her. They explored their love while discovering ways to make lives better. And together they were perfection.
I’m obsessed with her beauty, slammed by her passion, floored by her purpose, consumed by her simple but sublime wonder.

I’ll admit that it was a bit hard to get into the story at first. I couldn’t connect with the characters, which made it difficult to enjoy them. But that didn’t last long because the story definitely picks up the pace quickly and from there it was a matter of holding on for the wild ride. Who doesn’t dream of a superhero, especially one of their very own? I know that growing up, before I realized that being a damsel wasn’t exactly cool, I wanted to be Lois to Superman. He was my crush. At least until I met Bruce Wayne. That’s who Reece turned out to be - an electro-charged superhero named Bolt by the community that loved him. The author made him out to be so incredibly sexy, not to mention swoon-worthy, that I couldn’t help but fall all over myself for him. Sweet!
With her is the only way I can ever be now. The way I want to be.

This story had plenty of character growth, action, and the sex was INSANE!! However, what I loved most of all was the love between Reece and Emma. It was quick, it was hot, and it was awesome!! I’m late to the game when it comes to Angel Payne and the craftiness of her words, but you won’t catch me slipping again. I’m definitely looking forward to getting my hands on Bolt: Volume 2!

Release: 06.12.2018 | Genre: Erotic Superhero Romance | Dual POV - 1st person | Heat: 5 | Bolt: Volume 1 (parts 1-3) | Publisher: Waterhouse Press

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!