Review: THE GIRL AND HER REN by Pepper Winters

June 15, 2018

The Girl and Her Ren by Pepper Winters
“What do you do when you write down all your secrets? No…that’s not enough. What do you do when you write down all your secrets and the one person who should never read them does?
I’ll tell you what you do.
You hope.”

REN
Ren didn’t know the meaning of love until he took Della for his own.
To begin with he hated her, but as the months bled into years, he learned the opposite of hate, dedicating his life to giving her everything.
Every sacrifice, every gift, he gave wholeheartedly.
But then love turned to lust and ruined everything.

DELLA
I was stupid to write my secrets down, but I’d been stupid before so it was nothing new.
I couldn’t blame him, hate him, fix him.
I tried to move on without him.
But no matter what I did, I couldn’t seem to delete the secrets I’d written.
Until something happened.
Until he came back and read my stupid secrets.
And nothing was the same after that.

Amazon | Goodreads


My Review


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"We will never end because that isn't what true love is. True love is constant. It has no beginning, middle, or end. Life might end, but love... that's immortal." - Ren
I knew from that first cough. Call it intuition or premonition or chuck it up to my lack of faith in fairytale endings, but I knew. C’mon, this from the woman who gave us the Indebted series. What’s messing me up right now is that I know that she knew that I would know. I’m pretty smart. I didn’t get two degrees and survive law school strictly by my good looks. I KNEW!! I haven’t felt like throwing my kindle at someone’s head in a hot minute. And it wasn’t because I didn’t like the book. On the contrary, I was enraptured by this story. Saying that I was in love with Ren and Della would be an understatement. I just like to hurt those who hurt me and seeing as how these characters are fictionally sitting in my kindle, I felt that my kindle must burn!
Romance comes and goes, lust flickers and smoulders, trials appear and test, life gets in the way and educates, pain can derail happiness, joy can delete sadness, togetherness is more than just a fairy-tale… it’s a choice. - Della
What was never in doubt, despite the pain, confusion, potential for suffering, and past, present and future heartache, was the fact that Ren and Della would always choose each other. What’s funny is that they even act like they had a choice. Some call it fate or kismet, but it was obvious that these two were meant to be. Their love transcended rules and social mores and time and distance. There was no one without the other and the author captured their love beautifully.
I was kissing my goddamn soulmate, and who fucking cared how we’d met or how long we’d known each other? Fate had decided to throw us an unconventional beginning by giving her to me the moment she was born. - Ren
Even knowing the anguish I would be faced with the further I became invested in this story, I couldn’t stop. I couldn’t put this book down. I realized that there would never be a time that I would have enough of them. I was just as devoted to Ren and Della as they were to each other.
"You’re mine," he growled.
"I know."
"And I’m yours."
"I know."
This duet was my first foray into the wonderful world of contemporary romance by this author and I’m kicking myself for waiting so long. I love her dark romance but this duet quickly made me realize that I’m probably going to love anything she writes. The Ribbon Duet was a wonderful introduction to the sweeter, more angsty and emotional side to Mrs. Winters, and while it broke my heart over and over again, I got to the end with a huge smile on my face. My heart may have a bittersweet ache to contend with for a little while, but I in no way regret getting to know the beauty that was Ren and Della.
That kiss was our beginning, middle and end.
That kiss bound us past life and death, sickness and health.
That kiss was life itself, never ending, forever existing, two souls entwined…
...for eternity.
Release: 06.05.2018 | Genre: Contemporary Romance | Dual POV - 1st person | Heat: 3.5 | The Ribbon Duet - Book #2

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!