ARC Review: FILTHY GODS by R. Scarlett

May 11, 2018

Filthy Gods by R. Scarlett
Prelude in the American Gods series.

Young. Wealthy. Elite. Attractive. The gentlemen’s secret society at Yale was filled with them.

And Nathaniel Radcliffe, the bane of my existence, was one of them.

As the right hand of the American Gods, he was conceited and arrogant. A dangerously handsome man in a tailored custom suit and shiny black oxford loafers.

The classroom was our battlefield. We made a sport out of arguing and debating, ready to do anything in order to win over the other.

Deadly opponents, deadlier minds.

I'd sworn I'd never give him the upper hand, until...

The secret I’ve been hiding for the last three years?

He just discovered it… and now he has all the power.

Add to your TBR: Goodreads


MY REVIEW


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First of all... that cover!! I am so sorry for the objectification, but...


Not sorry!! Hmmmm... Nathan(iel)

What is it about stories that revolve around characters that seem to hate each other that I love so much? In Filthy Gods, Juliette and Nathaniel gave me the push-and-pull, the resistance, and the undeniable chemistry that I was looking for.

Young. Elite. Wealthy. The American Gods ruled. Today it may be Yale, but one day they would control the world. Men wanted to be them and women wanted to be owned by them. Is it any wonder that they believed they could have anything and anyone they wanted? Juliette didn't stand a chance against Nathaniel.

Whether it was through Juliette’s memories of their ferocious debates or the present tension-filled circumstances, the inevitability of these two had me all tingly. The disparity between the characters, such as wealth, social status and background, only served to make their union that much sweeter.

It seems that no matter the sub-genre, R. Scarlett is an accomplished master of words. She won my devotion with her paranormal Blackest Gold world series and this foray into the contemporary romance scene was nothing short of a success. I only wish this story was longer. Rebecca, you are not allowed to write standalone novellas anymore. I need more of your words and I would have loved to get more of Juliette and Nathaniel’s story.

Release: 05.15.2018 | Contemporary Romance - Enemies to Lovers | Heroine POV - 1st person | Heat: 3.5 | Standalone - American Gods 0.5

All views expressed are my own. 100% honest. 100% of the time!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!