Review: CONDEMNED SERIES BOOKS 1-4 by Gemma James

April 15, 2018

Condemned Series by Gemma James
One lie that sent an innocent man to prison.
One act of revenge eight years later.
One obsessive love.

Alex De Luca was only fifteen when she sent the love of her life to prison for a crime he didn’t commit. Rafe Mason, rising MMA star, her brother’s best friend, and the guy her foolish heart still yearns for even now that eight years have gone by.

But now he’s free and only wants one thing: Alex at his mercy.

And she is.

She’s a prisoner on his island, a willing captive to his deviant desires, bound by his justified fury. Even worse, she’s a hostage of her own treacherous heart. But the lie she told eight years ago is ricocheting, destroying lives and altering the course of fate. Neither of them saw it coming.

The violence and death. The betrayal. The utter destruction that leaves them in ruins.

How can a single lie cause so much devastation? Redemption seems impossible because neither of them can undo what’s been done. She belongs to him as much as he belongs to her, and they’ll fight for each other or go down in flames trying.

Includes:

Torrent
Rampant
Fervent
Vagrant

NOTE TO READERS: Intended for mature readers who enjoy a psychological dark romance thriller with kidnapping and other disturbing themes. Not for the faint of heart. You’ve been warned.

Get all four books today! https://amzn.to/2ERFAlq




REVIEW


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nothing mattered so long as she surrendered her soul to my demon and let him devour her.

Eight years ago, Alex told a lie that had far-reaching repercussions. This lie destroyed lives. This deception broke her and changed Rafe. His promising future was ripped away and he spent 8 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. And now he's back, determined to mete out his vengeance and get his pound of flesh. He was coming for her.

This was certainly different from what I was expecting. I realized that there had to be some huge reason for Alex's lies, but it was much more than I bargained for. And while I sympathized with her, I couldn't excuse her for what she had done to a man who didn't deserve it. I may not have agreed with the way that Rafe went about getting his revenge, but I guess I understood. However, it wasn't as flawless as it should have been. He went from dark and cold and brutal one minute to a cuddling softie who cared about Alex's feelings the next. He lacked consistency, which made this story not as dark as it could have been. However, I was cool with that because the brief lapses in his violence gave him and Alex the opportunity to get to the truth and to forge an unbreakable bond. It allowed their love to blossom and flourish, despite the drama that surrounded them.

I was his, every frayed thread of my aching soul.

This story was definitely dark and desperate, with elements of suspense and eroticism to spice things up. I didn't know that book 4 wasn't the end of the story so I'll be buying the next book, Deviant, ASAP. This story was raw and gritty and sexy and depraved and I loved it!

Release: 11.23.2015 | Dark Romance | Dual POV - 1st person | Heat: 4.5 | Condemned Series Books 1-4 (Includes: Torrent, Rampant, Fervent and Vagrant)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!