ARC Review: THE FIRST SIN by Jillian Quinn

April 30, 2018

The First Sin by Jillian Quinn
Once upon a time, I fell in love with a blue-eyed boy who promised me forever.
We fell hard and fast, even though our relationship was forbidden.
Loving Angelo Morelli wasn’t my first sin.
It wouldn’t be my last.

Our families were friends before they were enemies, fighting for power in the city.
I was their bargaining chip, a pawn to be used by the most powerful men in Philadelphia.
I just didn’t know it.

Angelo was my white knight in a world full of darkness.
But someone had to pay for the sins of the past.
Too bad that person was me.

One-click today! https://amzn.to/2raYkYN

FREE in Kindle Unlimited

MY REVIEW


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wasn't sure what made the story of Angelo and Gianna so forbidden, but I more than enjoyed getting wrapped up in their love. It was intense, insane, immature and glorious. They grew up together and became an official couple at a very young age and there was no doubt that they completed each other. For ones so young, it was surprising how certain they were in their love. However, Angelo is set to fulfill his destiny and in the process, it is changing him and molding him into a colder, more vicious version of himself. Gianna is his anchor, his light in the dark. And he's her white knight in a world of bad.

I've finally had the chance to read something from Jillian Quinn and there's absolutely no going back. While these characters irritated me at times, while parts of the story seemed repetitive, and while I wished for a bit more substance, I was entertained and I couldn't ask for more. Her writing grabbed me and the world she created here made me want to get even deeper into the story. And with one heck of a cliffhanger, I'm excited to get to the next book in the series!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!