ARC Review: CHEEKY KING by Nana Malone

April 21, 2018

What good is a King without his Queen?

Sebastian…

I never wanted the crown, but now it's mine.
Instead of my freedom–instead of her.
But even though she’s not mine to keep, I can’t seem to stay away.

Penny…

The moment he became king, I knew we were over.

Now I’ve returned home some kind of conquering hero.
If only they all knew that we'd both lost our hearts.
If only I could stay out of the royal bed.

What good is being cocky if you can’t get what you want?

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2qQYLXh


REVIEW


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m so in love with this couple. Even though they drove me bonkers with the way they ran hot and cold, I was a total fan! Sebastian and Penny are at odds because of the lies they told and truths they omitted. Not the best timing as Sebastian could really use Penny at his side while he navigates life as the new king. Then again, the law is the law and these two can’t be together… even if they wanted to. But maybe… just maybe… the new king can change the laws to suit himself.

Loved them! As Sebastian tried to reconcile duty with the deep love he felt for Penny, she was trying to figure out exactly where she wanted to be in her life. An artist? Part of the royal guard? What she knew was that as much as she wanted to spend her life with the king, it wasn’t meant to be and being around him was its own special brand of torture.

Insane chemistry, a royal family, and a devastating mystery made this story into an intensely satisfying read. It was fast-paced drama with touches of intrigue, bitter rivalries, secrets and betrayals. But at its heart it was a sweet love story that made me laugh and swoon with how immensely I loved these characters.

Release:04.30.2018 | Contemporary Romance | Dual POV - 1st person | Heat: 3.5 | Royals Undercover #2

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!