Review: ONE FEAR by Belle Brooks

February 27, 2018

One Fear by Belle Brooks
“My one fear is now my reality.”

He didn’t offer his name when he fulfilled his need to include me as a player in his game.
I’m number thirteen. Just a number given to the bitches who wronged him.
I was blindsided. Stolen from my life. In his devilled eyes, I have a debt to pay…he wants my final breath to see us even.

“I know who you are Morgan Banks, the question is, who am I? Five games will set you free when you can tell me who I’d be.”- The Wolf.

Am I strong enough to take on the Wolf?

It's ONLY 99c! http://amzn.to/2EVCfGS





REVIEW


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


How messed up was that???

This author ain’t playing games. There were no sweet nothings to lull you into a sense of security. No gentle prodding to warm you up to the idea of the terror to come. Nope, she dumped us right into the thick of things. Right into the horror show that Morgan and Reid’s life had become. Morgan is at the mercy of a sadistic psychopath, hellbent on breaking her and finding his own form of retribution. For what? I still don’t know, just like I don’t know who the heck this murderer is. But I can tell I’m going to have so much fun while trying to figure this stuff out!


There were two things that really stood out to me in this very short installment:
1. The interrogation scene - it reminded me of many a crime show I watch (and I’ve watched many). Reid’s impulses, actions and reactions were incredibly authentic and I was losing my mind right along with him through my frustration with the way the detectives were handling this case.
2. The adrenaline rush - my heart was in my throat every time the story switched to Morgan’s perspective. It was eerie and frightening and made me want to call my mommy. So freaking good!

Thankfully, I have the next installment sitting on my kindle, waiting to be devoured. So I’m off!

Release: July 7, 2017 | Genre: Psychological Thriller | POV: Dual - 1st person | The Game of Life #1

*** Images from author’s page ***

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!