ARC Review: WICKED SOUL by Nora Ash

February 10, 2018

Wicked Soul by Nora Ash
He saved me... And then he blood-bonded me. Now I'm his.

My first meeting with a Chicago vampire went better than expected.

Up until that night, all I knew about vampires was limited to a few common facts: they drink blood, they get a mean sunburn and if you find yourself alone with one, you’re dead.

Except he didn't kill me.

Sexy, broody Warin clearly had his own reasons for sparing my life and tying me with his blood, but if he’d known how much trouble I’d attract, I bet he wouldn’t have bothered. When he blood-bonded me, secrets even I didn’t know about myself came to light.

Secrets that will pull us both deep into the eternal war between vampires and the witches determined to rid the world of their evil.

We have only one choice now: fight the forces hell-bent on breaking our bond…

Or die.

Add to Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36388708-wicked-soul




REVIEW


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Olivia really tested my patience, but the author did such an incredible job with the world building and giving definition to her secondary characters, that it made her heroine’s commentary worthwhile. Of course, my favorite character was Warin. He was the vamp to beat all vamps in this story. He was fierce, alpha, honorable, lethal, loving, etc. I would have given just about anything to get his perspective in this book. While it was nice getting Liv’s perspective on him and learning about who he was through her eyes, there were certain scenes where his POV would have been more appreciated. Especially when it came to the inner workings of the vampire world.

So, Warin and Olivia knew that their connection was more than meets the eye. I really liked that their bond was something that was solidified centuries ago, without their present knowledge. That piece of their past gave these two and their relationship that much more depth. And really, the entire story had a lot of depth. Whether it was through the conflict between the vamps and witches and skinwalkers, or the expectations of vampire society, or the nuances of each character, this story didn’t lack in excitement. Now I’m eager to read the next book, which should be covering Warin’s brother, Aleric. I’m hoping to see more of Warin in it and I wouldn’t complain about seeing Roy again ;)

Release: Feb. 10, 2018 | Genre: PNR - Vampires & Witches | POV: Heroine - 1st person | Heat: 3.5 out of 5 | Standalone - Book #1 of the Ancient Blood series

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!