ARC Review: GREEN by S.M. West

February 27, 2018

Green. The color of hope.

ANNA MARI is living for today, not daring to hope for tomorrow. She’s a pawn in her grandfather’s game, and time is her enemy. Her freedom is the prize.

DAVIS COOPER is licking his wounds of betrayal when he’s assigned to babysit his boss’s sister. The pretty little thing who’s most definitely off-limits.

Though they struggle to set boundaries, the root of their friendship grows into something more. But none of that matters—Anna’s fate is sealed and neither hope nor love can save her.

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2ow5INn


REVIEW


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love the way S.M. West writes. Two books down and I enjoy the way she blends suspense, romance and so much angst in her stories. The road to happily ever after isn’t easy for these characters but it is definitely entertaining.

For much of this book, I was lost. Not gonna lie. I think a lot of the backstory was established in Anna’s brother’s book, BLUE, and so many things went over my head. This may have contributed to my impatience with Anna. I get that she was supposed to be sheltered, but was she also lacking in anything related to modern knowledge? It wasn’t like she was never around other people, so unless she was the most unobservant person EVER, wouldn’t she have some basic know-how of the world she lived in? She came of immature, irrational, and more talk than anything else. While everyone was working to protect her from her inevitable servitude, she kept saying she was just going to give in to her grandfather’s demands. She kept putting herself in harm’s way as if she had the training that all of these ex-military and ex-lawmen had in spades. So frustrating. As for Coop, he was a tough nut to crack but I did like him. He wasn’t the greatest guy, but at least he was honest. Gotta respect that. I wasn’t sold on their romance or eventual love, but I did have fun watching the development of their relationship.

I’m looking forward to Max’s story. The fine doctor has a story to tell and I can’t wait to read it!

Release: Feb. 28, 2018 | Genre: Romantic Suspense | POV: Dual - 1st person | Heat: 3 out of 5 | Standalone - Love in Color #3

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!