ARC Review: WICKED LITTLE GAMES by Dee Palmer

January 04, 2018

Wicked Little Games by Dee Palmer
“You promised me forever: You lied.”

Tia was five years old when she fell in love with Atticus Kraus. She didn’t care about the castle he lived in, that he was the heir to a vast empire, or that she was the daughter of his housekeeper. She cared about the boy who made her smile, the boy who defied his mother to make her his friend, and the boy who made her feel less alone.

Atticus made it crystal clear her place was right beside him—in play, in life, and in love. He promised her forever, and she promised to wait…

As she turns eighteen Tia is excited with the plans she’s made with her first love and soul mate. Her studies at a top college will ensure she finally moves away from Atticus’s judgemental family and her own toxic mother. With Atticus at her side, she feels the first sense of true happiness.
When suddenly accused and found guilty of stealing a Kraus family heirloom, Tia is sentenced to six years in prison, and her world falls apart. Abandoned and betrayed, this is just the beginning of her nightmare, as once again she finds herself very much alone. How could this happen?
Prison changes her, but it also gives her time: time to forge new friendships, time to learn new skills, and time to plan her revenge. Her life was destroyed by Wicked Little Games, and she knows exactly who’s going to pay…

Get it!! http://amzn.to/2CAJBNT



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I promised myself that for the year 2018, I would try something different, at least when it came to my reading list. In keeping with that promise, I chose to read a book by Dee Palmer. Not only have I never read a book from her before, but I had heard nothing but great things about her writing and figured that taking a chance on her wouldn’t be a huge risk. I’ve gotta start small ;) Mrs. Palmer did not disappoint!! I was immediately caught up in the plot, the intricacies of this story’s characters, and the dynamics created between them. This author gave me a story to sink my teeth into. Something that didn’t follow a traditional formula and although I was left with a huge cliffhanger ending, it has only left me more eager to get my hands on part two!

Tia was five years old when she fell in love with Atticus

After being accused and sentenced for a crime she didn’t commit, Tia is hellbent on vengeance. What exactly her revenge plot consisted of, I still don’t know. I haven’t a clue what she was looking for or what would satisfy her lust for revenge, I just knew that I understood her reasons why. How exactly Logan fit into her plans, this gorgeous agoraphobic man who seemed to worship the ground she walked on, I haven’t the foggiest, but I knew he played a pivotal role. One he seemed to have no knowledge of. What was crystal clear to me was that all roads led to Atticus. And that despite the years, tears, utter anguish, devastating loss, hatred and disgust, the love Tia and Atticus shared couldn’t be extinguished. No matter how hard she tried. And when he finally has her back, different but the same, what he intends to do with her is anyone’s guess.

"You promised me forever. You lied."

While the ‘bad guy’ isn’t easily identifiable (other than Atticus’s mom - that woman can suck it), from what I can piece together, everyone needs to sit down and have an adult conversation. Lay their cards on the table and let things fall as they may. I’m hoping something like this happens in the next part. My heart broke for all major characters involved and I would love to see how each of them survives and thrives in the end. If they will at all. To say I can’t wait for the next book, Twisted Little Games, would be an understatement. If you like your romance with bits of drama, mystery and suspense, start this amazing duet today!!

Expected Release Date: January 5, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance with elements of mystery & suspense
POV: Multiple - 1st person
Heat: 4 out of 5
Series/Standalone: Book #1 of the Little Games Duet

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!