ARC Review: DIRTY FILTHY FIX by Laurelin Paige

November 21, 2017

Dirty Filthy Fix by Laurelin Paige
I like sex. Kinky sex. The kinkier the better.

Every day, it’s all I think about as I serve coffee and hand out business agendas to men who have no idea I’m not the prim proper girl they think I am.

With a day job as the secretary to one of New York’s most powerful men, Hudson Pierce, I have to keep my double life quiet. As long as I do, it’s not a problem.

Enter: Nathan Sinclair. Tall, dark and handsome doesn’t come close to describing how hot he is. And that’s with his clothes on. But after a dirty, filthy rendezvous, I accept that if we ever see each other again, he’ll walk right by my desk on his way to see my boss without recognizing me.

Only, that’s not what happens. Not the first time I see him after the party. Or the next time. Or the time after that. And as much as I try to stop it, my two worlds are crashing into each other, putting my job and my reputation at risk.

And all I can think about is Nathan Sinclair.

All I can think about is getting just one more dirty, filthy fix.

MY REVIEW


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This story was quick, hot, and absolutely filthy. This was the closest thing to smut I’ve ever read from Laurelin Paige and it was a delicious delight. Trish and Nathan weren’t looking for anything serious. She wants to be free and everyone seems to want to pin her down. As a member of the Open Door, she’s free to indulge in all the kink she likes. While at play, she had four rules:

  1. Never go home with anyone
  2. Never take off her mask
  3. Never give out her personal info besides her first initial
  4. No penetration

These rules are what has been keeping her safe and they actually made a lot of sense to me. So when Nathan comes to the club one night, why do all of these ‘safe’ rules seem to go out the window?

I really liked this story. Although it was short, it was still fun, layered, and intense. The chemistry between Nathan and Trish was beyond steamy. I think what I liked most about this was that the author didn’t rush the facts in order to give us a happily ever after. She allowed the characters to dictate their pace, she showcased Trish’s reluctance to tie herself down, and she illuminated Nate’s interest in building upon what they shared. I think it would have been a bit more believable if I had gotten his perspective, but I’m greedy so… I’m pretty satisfied with their happy for now because it kind of leaves the door open for more of a story in the future. *wink*

Release Date: November 21, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotica
POV: Heroine - 1st person
Heat: 4 out of 5
Type: Standalone novella - Book 5.5 of the Fixed series

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!