ARC Review: CONSENT by Charmaine Pauls

November 15, 2017

Consent by Charmaine Pauls

When Gabriel broke down my door, he took over my body and life. Never with force, but always with clever manipulation. He stripped me of my independence, my defenses, and my clothes and turned me into an addict for his touch.

Once, I had dreams and a future. Now, I have fears, scars, and insatiable needs. I’m damaged beyond repair, but if I’m to survive the most dangerous man in Johannesburg, I can’t allow him to break me, because broken toys are destined for the garbage dump.

MY REVIEW


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Picking up where Dubious left off, Val has run off and Gabriel is desperate to find her. It’s literally life or death for her and her brother, but Gabriel refuses to let anything happen to her and is willing to do anything to keep the owner of his heart safe. Even if that means going against everything he once was. Even if it means the end of life as he knows it.

I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book. The author found a fan in me from the first book and these characters held on for their life. I couldn’t let them go. I didn’t want to. With Val, Gabriel became the man he never thought he could be and it was a beautiful thing to watch his transformation. As for Val, she really came into her own. She showed strength, versatility and perseverance in the face of almost certain failure. Her fear and anger fueled her survival and I couldn’t help but admire her. These characters together seemed unsuited at first. Seriously, he was all that was bad and she was so pure and innocent. But somehow these two worked. I was completely rooting for their happy ending and after a hard-fought battle, these two found a way to come out somewhat unscathed.

I’m truly sad to be at the end of this duet. This author’s story was well-written, suspenseful, erotic, and simply incredible. I’ll definitely be on the lookout for whatever she dreams up next. If you’re a fan of mafia romance, romantic suspense, dark romance, or any type of romance featuring an alluring anti-hero and his equally enticing heroine, then you don’t want to miss out on this one.

My review of Dubious: http://bit.ly/2xybShE

Release Date: November 14, 2017
Genre: Mafia Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Heat: 4 out of 5
Type: Part 2 of The Loan Shark Duet

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!