Review: The Fine Line by Alicia Kobishop

October 01, 2017

The Fine Line by Alicia Kobishop
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone
Release - January 12, 2014
Genre - YA/NA Contemporary Romance
Heroine POV - 1st person
Heat - 2 out of 5
Length - 328 pages

Love...

Slam on the brakes?

Or put the pedal to the metal?

Liv Evans has her life mapped out. Work two part-time jobs, study hard during her senior year, and save enough money to get her own place.

There's no room in that plan for romance.

If her mother's serial relationship disasters have taught her anything, it's that getting involved with a man only results in heartbreak.

Liv is tired of losing the men she's grown to love and doesn't want to repeat her mother's mistakes.

So, she makes a rule. No attachments.

But when she meets street racer Logan Tanner, her determination for a future free of emotional pain is put to the test. The moment her eyes lock with his, her heart beats wildly against the walls she's built around it.

She's drawn to his world of underground racing. Even becomes his flag girl. With every encounter, every touch, and finally, every kiss, Logan cruises through all her red lights.

The moment she's ready to give in to the inevitable, their world comes crashing down around her in an emotional, complicated, and dangerous mess, leaving her to decide...

Is love worth the struggle? Or worth fighting for?

Find your copy of The Fine Line here:
Goodreads | Amazon
FREE with Kindle Unlimited

MY REVIEW

3.5 "I’ll be your flag girl, Logan" stars

I haven’t read a YA/NA romance book in such a long time that I wasn’t sure what to expect. What I found was a endearing and enchanting character in Logan. Dammit, I wish I was able to get his POV in this one. It’s not to say that I didn’t like Olivia because I liked her well enough. However, I LOVED Logan. He was a many-women man. He didn’t know the first thing about relationships. Yet when he met Olivia, all of his whoring and all of his previous ways became things he wanted to put in the past. For her. He was willing to do and give up anything for the chance to be with her. How many guys that young do you know who are willing to do that? I admit to being frustrated with Liv and the way she kept treating Logan for most of this story. It was hard to stomach, especially as he kept laying his heart on the line. For her. I was beyond ecstatic when she finally gave in to her true feelings. I just wanted Logan to be happy!

This story was written with a charm that lent a certain maturity to its characters. Logan didn’t come off as a new adult. His lifestyle, the drag racing, the drinking, the partying, the women, his choices, the way he thought and the way he acted were befitting someone older. And yet it worked. Would I be interested in reading more from this author? Yup. I’m actually off to read The Fragile Line series. I’m not really all that interested in reading about Chloe, not after the nonsense she pulled in this book, but I would like to learn more about Matt.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!