ARC Review: Mr. Big by Nana Malone

October 24, 2017

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone - London Billionaire #3
Release - October 22, 2017
Genre - Contemporary Romance
Trope - best friend's sibling
Dual POV - 3rd person
Heat - 3.5 out of 5
Length - 274 pages

You’ve heard the rumors...

Yes, they’re all true. The women…the bank account…the really big…

Okay, I’m getting ahead of myself. I’m just saying, there’s a reason some call me Mr. Big. But none of it will matter to her. I’ve known her since we were kids. And she’s just as off limits now as she was then.

She’s my best friend’s little sister and when he asked me to give her the grand tour, he did not mean of my bedroom.

So Mr. Big has to stay under wraps… One problem, she’s the only woman I’ve ever truly loved. But with the secret I’m keeping, she’ll never love me back.

Find your copy of Mr. Big here:
Goodreads | Amazon

MY REVIEW

This was a bit different than what I expected going into this read. When I initially glimpsed the title and the cover, I thought I was in for some orgasmic romance between a sweet, fun-loving heroine and a manwhoring, arrogant, cannon-packing hero. WRONG!! And I absolutely love when I’m wrong in these circumstances. While Emma was very sweet, sheltered, and searching for adventure, Zach was humble, insecure, extremely hot, and trying to be a gentleman. There was no serious mention of his philandering ways and I was happy to see its lack. He was focused on Emma from the get-go and that’s where his attention remained. He knew he wanted her and had strong feelings for her, feelings that existed ever since they grew up together, but he didn’t think he could act on them. Why? Not only was she his best friend’s little sister, but he was holding on to a secret that could potentially rock her world. A secret that could make her hate him. What’s a poor bloke to do?

I enjoyed the plot, the characters, the sideshow attractions, the drama, etc. There were a few inconsistencies, such as Ben having a spare set of keys versus taking the original set back, but these didn’t detract from my enjoyment of this story. If you like a good brother’s best friend trope as much as I do, you can’t go wrong with Mr. Big ;) xo

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!