Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Monday, August 14, 2017

    Review: The Soul Mate by Kendall Ryan

    The Soul Mate The Soul Mate by Kendall Ryan
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    4 “I need you to page Dr. Mason Bentley stat!” stars”

    Let me start off this review by telling you what I LOVED about this book:

    👶 How realistic the characters appeared to be.
    👶 Mason was an OB/GYN. I love stories about men who love bringing babies in the world so I knew he was a winner from jump.
    👶 The fact that Mason wasn’t the typical single successful man we usually read about in books. He valued time, love and devotion and relationships seemed to be sacred to him.
    👶 Mason’s patience and persistence when it came to pursuing Bren.
    👶 The intimate scenes were scorching!!
    👶 The little bits of humor that could be found even in the most serious of conversations. Even if most of the fun was in an internal monologue ;)
    👶 Mason. Mason. MASON!!

    I spent the majority of the book like this:



    And...



    And...



    Why? Because the heroine, Bren, drove me absolutely insane. She was so irrational despite my sympathies for her feelings. She was selfish and inconsiderate and every time she made a choice that hurt Mason, I wanted to throttle her. Seriously. How does someone go 30 years without being put in her place? 30 acting like a damn 10 year old. Geez!

    If it weren’t for Mason’s amazing character, I’m not sure I would have made it to the end. But his charm, honesty and openness made me a huge fan and I was determined to see him get his happy ending. Funny enough, I ended up liking Bren too. Go figure! The author did a great job of bringing her full circle and making me realize that her fear was almost palpable, making me understand where she was coming from. I didn’t like it, but at least I understood it. So it was easy to sit back and enjoy the happily ever after these characters achieved.

    Release Date: August 15, 2017
    Genre: Contemporary/RomCom
    POV: Dual - 1st person
    Steam: 4 out of 5
    Type: Standalone - Book 4 of the Roommates series

    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment