Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Sunday, 23 July 2017

    Review: Pretty New Doll

    Pretty New Doll Pretty New Doll by Ker Dukey
    My rating: 5 of 5 stars

    Oh Benny... oops, I mean Benjamin. Don't want your crazy ass to come after me. I knew I hadn't seen the last of you. That creepy ending of book 2 was like a harbinger of things to come, huh? You're like a cockroach and I mean that in the nicest possible way. Despite the odds you're persistent, ingenious, industrious and resilient. You're the survivor that no one seems to want to survive. Love you ;)

    How the heck did these authors get me to sympathize with this guy? Again? Seriously??? I know that his relationship with his pretty new doll should be seen as sick, disgusting, twisted, perverted, cruel, and oh so very wrong and what he's doing is illegal... but... a huge small part of me was rooting for them. C'mon, am I really the only one who fantasized about Benjamin getting a happy ending somehow? Or reasoned that maybe he wasn't the worst bad guy in town? Whatever! I think my opinion is justified because these authors made him a bit too hard to resist. How many times can I be told how hot he is without finally being convinced that he's freaking HOT?!

    "My scars are a constant reminder of my dirty little doll and her betrayal."


    I enjoyed the fact that Jade and Dillon still played huge roles not only in the story, but in Benjamin's thoughts. I predict many people will appreciate getting Dillon's perspective on the situation and will be screaming at him, as I was, to freaking open his eyes and get a clue. And you call yourself a detective. SMDH. Detect then dude!

    So there's a surprising twist and I really wish you could see my imaginary jazz hands as I type this... I honestly predicted the twist in a way but the perpetrator was a stroke of genius. Now that excites the freak out of me and I am truly anxious to continue this story. Monster to the rescue... I think?

    Release Date: July 17, 2017
    Genre: Dark Romance
    POV: Multiple - 1st person
    Heat: I'm not even going to try to categorize it
    Type: Book 3 of the Pretty Little Dolls series


    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment