Monday, July 17, 2017

Review: Glamour: Contemporary Fairytale Retellings

Glamour: Contemporary Fairytale RetellingsGlamour: Contemporary Fairytale Retellings by A.L. Jackson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I had intended to choose a story to review and go from there, but I found it impossible to choose just one. Sorry not sorry. While a couple of the stories weren't my particular cup of tea, I can guarantee that many people will absolutely love them just the same. However, stories such as Royal Mattress by Nicola Rendall and Knot by Lili St Germain were right up my alley. One was a sweet romcom while the other was a dark read leading up to a new series. And yet they were equally satisfying.

Each story had its own varying degree of steam, character development and plot. A few of the authors were new-to-me, such as Sierra Simone, and I'm thrilled that I got the chance to sample their writing and story-telling style. Honestly, this book was the best of two worlds: an ANTHOLOGY chock-full of fairytale RE-TELLINGS! How can you really go wrong?

Release Date: July 18, 2017
Genre: A range from Contemporary, RomCom, Erotica and Dark Romance
Type: Anthology




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment