Monday, July 3, 2017

Review: Damage Control

Damage Control Damage Control by Lisa Renee Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Let me start off by saying that although I rated this with five stars, I was really disappointed with Emily's secret. Am I really the only one? Seriously??? I mean... there was so much buildup to it... it caused so much tension between her and Shane... that when it was finally revealed I was like 'That's it?' I gather that it's a big deal and life-altering but... I was a bit let down. I hope this plays a bigger role in the book to come.

Anyho... that was my only issue with the ENTIRE story. It really was a stunning story. Shane was still trying to hold his family together, get the business back on the 'right' track, cling to hope, and relish the deep connection he shared with Emily. I'm a huge fan of how the author brought these lovebirds together and how in sync they were in this book.

Between trying to balance the unwanted attention of the cartel, the potential backstabbing of former allies, the further deterioration of the relationship with his brother, and the chaos and dysfunction of the Brandon clan, it's clear that Shane needs the sanity and peace he finds with Emily. It's a good thing she has no plans on EVER leaving. And while this book certainly cleared up some details, it's beyond obvious that this story has many legs and is far from finished.

Release Date: February 21, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Heat: 4 out of 5
Type: Book 2 of the Dirty Money series


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment