Review: Beautiful Beast by Aubrey Irons

July 15, 2017

Beautiful Beast by Aubrey Irons
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone
Release - July 14, 2017
Genre - Contemporary Enemies-to-lovers Romance
Dual POV - 1st person
Heat - 4 out of 5
Length - 500 pages

I’m no princess. He’s the anti-prince-charming. This is our happy ever disaster.

Anastasia

Here’s the first thing you should know: this is not a fairytale. Happily-ever-afters are fables, and Prince Charming is a sweet little lie.

I know all this because he taught me.

Once upon a lifetime ago, the rich, arrogant, sinfully gorgeous, and tragically broken dark prince of the Hamptons was my tormentor. My darkness, my shameful attraction, my all-consuming, forbidden temptation.

I hate Sebastian Crown because nine years ago, for one night, I was stupid enough to think I loved him. And I’ve been paying for it ever since.

Except now, he needs me to help him save his empire.

…And he’s not taking no for answer.

Bastian

She’s my nemesis. My addiction. My weakness.

My obsession.

I used to tell myself I hated Anastasia Bell - for being poor, for not worshipping the ground I walked on, for looking at me like she pitied me for being me.

When the rest of my world always told me yes, she was the ever-provoking no.


She thinks I’m a monster - a tragic, f**ed-up, broken beast.

She doesn’t know the half of it.

Because she can’t begin to know the crimes of my past, or imagine the things I’ve done to her behind the scenes since she left this place.

Years ago, I thought breaking her would fix me.

I was wrong.

Now I’ve got her in my sights again, and this time, I won’t be letting her go. Even if it means we both go down in flames...

Find Beautiful Beast on Goodreads

MY REVIEW

"Hate, love, lust, pain."

These words pretty much sum up the history and relationship between Anastasia and Sebastian. Others include volatile, obsessive, possessive, sadistic, passionate, etc... Did I think that Bas went above and beyond to inflict his cruelty on Ana? Of course, but... for one, I understood where he was coming from. It was pretty obvious that he was suffering and a man in pain is my favorite type of hero. So while I didn't agree with his behavior, I did have compassion for his torment and loved him in spite of it all. For another, Ana was a championship game player. I'm not a fan of games. I'm a straight shooter and have a low tolerance for ambiguity or passive-aggressive nonsense. And this chick had a mean streak of her very own so I wasn't overcome with sympathy and I needed her well of tears to dry up. Did she deserve what was done? Absolutely not, however, I didn't agree with her behavior for the most part either.

Regardless, these two made their dysfunction and chaos into something I craved. I literally could not get enough of them together. Maybe I'm the one with a problem or two LOL! If you're a fan of hate and love and lust and pain, you're gonna LOVE this story and fall for Bas as easily as I did!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!