Saturday, July 15, 2017

Review: Beautiful Beast

Beautiful Beast Beautiful Beast by Aubrey Irons
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Hate, love, lust, pain."

These words pretty much sum up the history and relationship between Anastasia and Sebastian. Others include volatile, obsessive, possessive, sadistic, passionate, etc... Did I think that Bas went above and beyond to inflict his cruelty on Ana? Of course, but... for one, I understood where he was coming from. It was pretty obvious that he was suffering and a man in pain is my favorite type of hero. So while I didn't agree with his behavior, I did have compassion for his torment and loved him in spite of it all. For another, Ana was a championship game player. I'm not a fan of games. I'm a straight shooter and have a low tolerance for ambiguity or passive-aggressive nonsense. And this chick had a mean streak of her very own so I wasn't overcome with sympathy and I needed her well of tears to dry up. Did she deserve what was done? Absolutely not, however, I didn't agree with her behavior for the most part either.

Regardless, these two made their dysfunction and chaos into something I craved. I literally could not get enough of them together. Maybe I'm the one with a problem or two LOL! If you're a fan of hate and love and lust and pain, you're gonna LOVE this story and fall for Bas as easily as I did!!

Release Date: July 14, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Heat: 4 out of 5
Type: Standalone


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment