Review: Remember by Dylan Allen

June 06, 2017

Remember by Dylan Allen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Standalone - Symbols of Love #2
Release - May 30, 2017
Genre - Contemporary Second Chance Romance
Dual POV - 1st person
Heat - 4 out of 5
Length - 296 pages

Millicent
Milly’s life was safe. Her plans, certain.
She doesn’t take risks because she knows what it’s like to lose everything.
But, when it all falls apart, she decides to throw caution to the wind.
Her journey to reclaim her future leads her straight into the grown up arms of the boy she left behind.
In them, she finds passion long denied and love she thought was lost.
But is the promise of a second chance worth the risk of losing herself again?

Dean
When he discovers that the girl he has loved his whole life moved on without him, Dean needs answers.
He didn’t expect to still want her.
He didn’t expect her to want him, too.
And suddenly, he finds himself in a battle for the heart of the woman he’s never stopped loving.

As they look to the past for answers, can they hold onto the future they were meant to have? Or will what they remember make them wish they could forget?

Find your copy of Remember here:
Goodreads | Amazon
FREE with Kindle Unlimited

MY REVIEW

"I whisper, 'This is us,' and he whispers back, 'Always.'

Congrats to you, Dylan Allen! Thanks to your fabulous writing, amazing characters, and witty and heartfelt dialogue, I found it easy to fall in love with Dean and Milly. Through flashbacks of the two, we were pleasantly witnessing their journey through young love. You even had my kids looking at me like I was crazy because I screamed aloud when these two were reunited.
"My heart feels so full, joy leaks from my eyes."

"He wanted me, which makes me feel like I won the lottery."

Thank you for the closure. After finishing Rise, I had quite a few unanswered questions, especially regarding Milly's father and his disappearance. So thanks for clearing those right up. I loved the way it was handled and enjoyed the range of emotions explored with it. The evolution of Dean and Milly's relationship was so beautiful. I loved how supportive, caring, and trusting they were of one another. And how they both just knew that they didn't want to EVER live without the other ever again.
"Then I remember I haven't really been alone since I was sixteen years old. Because that's when Millicent Hassan crawled into my heart, staked her claim on it, and never let go." - Dean

"I now without a doubt that as long as he draws breaths, Dean is the only person I want to navigate through this messy journey we call life with." - Milly

Full disclosure: I wasn't a fan of how often Milly snapped at Dean. Mostly without cause. It drove me nuts. As well as they knew each other and as close as they were, it was unwarranted. Especially because as far as I could tell, she never did that to her husband, who in so many words couldn't compare to Dean. Why was she so blatantly hurtful to the man she loved for more than a decade? Me? I would have clapped back LOL.

If you're looking for a story full of steam, warmth and feels, I can't recommend REMEMBER enough. I may be reaching here, but I swear there's a story brewing with Lilly and I for one am looking forward to it.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!