Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Thursday, 11 May 2017

    Review: A Surefire Way

    A Surefire Way A Surefire Way by J.T. Bock
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    Many of you may not know this, but I'm a huge fan, reader and collector of comics, graphic novels and manga. HUGE! And A SUREFIRE WAY read just like that. Well, without the pictures, of course.

    Surefire is a transhuman who works for UltraSecurity, a firm contracted by the government to apprehend transhuman criminals. Raven is one of these criminals and Surefire is determined to succeed in catching him whereas other more experienced agents had failed. But she's having a hard time with that because Raven is unlike any transhuman she's ever met. Not to mention his questionable connection to an ancient goddess. It's complicated. Throw in a quack of a magician intent on raising an Aztec god so that he can be truly supernatural and a conspiracy for world domination, Surefire's mission suddenly takes on a life of its own. She's got to learn to work with Raven in order to try to save the world.

    I adored Raven and my heart went out to him for all that he's had to endure. The author did a great job with his backstory and making him out to be a sympathetic character, despite his so-called crimes. I had a love/hate kinship with Surefire. In fact, in the beginning I almost quit this story altogether because she came off as too silly and immature and unworthy of my attention. Thankfully I pushed on because this story was about so much more than her. And she kinda/sorta grew on me. Raven definitely stole the show for me and I felt that all of the world building the author did only served to strengthen my heart-on for him. Along with Raven's awesomeness and huge doses of the supernatural, this book was an incredible introduction to this series.

    Release Date: April 1, 2013
    Genre: Paranormal Romance
    POV: Multiple - 3rd person
    Steam: 2.5 out of 5
    Book Type: Standalone - Book 1 of the UltraSecurity series


    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment