Thursday, May 25, 2017

Review: Sexy Jerk

Sexy Jerk Sexy Jerk by Kim Karr
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 "Sexy Jerk turned Sexy Forever" stars!

Ever meet someone who gets on your last damn nerve? Someone who, no matter what, never leaves you with a good impression of them? Imagine being stuck with this person while babysitting your bestie's child for two weeks. Oh, the horror.

Well, Tess has always viewed Nick as a jerk. There was absolutely no love lost between them because Nick thought she was a stuck-up something or other. But he didn't really think that. He thought she was not only sexy and stunning, he knew the awesomeness that she was. Unfortunately, Tess was a judgmental tool and based her entire perception of Nick on face value. She almost cost this story its 5 star rating, truth be told. Most people who read my reviews know that I'm quite picky when it comes to the heroines I like or love or would rather pass on. This is mainly because as a woman, I find that I'm more likely to want to connect to the female lead than the male. Obviously. So when a heroine is depicted as someone who would be irksome in real life, someone who I wouldn't associate with, I'm like...



That's just me. I don't have time to suffer small or closed-minded fools. Anyhoo, if you don't believe me about Tess, Nick summed her up quite nicely:
"She's a little too uptight.
Bitchy even.
Judgmental.
Complicated."

Catch my drift?

So... in the beginning I didn't much like Tess, but towards the end, I realized that she really grew on me. I think a lot of that had to do with the way she tried to put aside her assumptions and opinions and snap judgments and have a more open mind.

I had no problem with Nick. Bash me all you want. I don't give a fluck. I didn't have a problem with him at all. He was handsome, sexy, dirty, successful, cautious, had some mommy issues, and he was most definitely multi-layered like an onion. I loved the chemistry between him and Tess and how the author allowed them to take a leap of faith with each other. This story was hot, sweet, and messily romantic and I can't wait to get to see more of these characters and get to know one of the side characters a little better. Jace is next in Big Shot.

Release Date: May 25, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Steam: 4 out of 5
Book Type: Standalone


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment