Friday, May 26, 2017

Review: Guarded

Guarded Guarded by Kayla White
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hannah was hard to like but I think that was intentional. I started to like her towards the end because she seemed to finally grow up a bit and changed for the better. Parker was always a likable character, however, as hard and as tough as he was made out to be perceived, he really wasn't. I think what bothered me most was the fact that the cover claims this book to be "A HOT STEAMY ROMANCE", but that's not what I got. At least it didn't come across like that for me. It has a heavy contemporary feel with one good does of steam. Which floats the boat of many good people. I'm just not one of them.

While I liked the premise of this story, my heart just wasn't in it. If I'm being completely honest, I almost gave up on it. Luckily the story started to pick up at around the 40% mark and I began enjoying where the author was taking me. Unfortunately the story ended at the 64% so I only had roughly a good 20% to base this review on. Overall, a fine read. Would I try this author again? Yes. I liked her writing style and things can only get better from here.

Release Date: May 2017?
Genre: Contemporary Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Steam: 3 out of 5
Book Type: Standalone


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment