Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Tuesday, 25 April 2017

    Review: Starring Me and You

    Starring Me and You Starring Me and You by Ella Bradshaw
    My rating: 3 of 5 stars

    Nate doesn't do relationships. Commitment is synonymous with death. Or something like that. As Hollywood's hottest commodity, he gets away with most, has his pick of beautiful women, and has developed quite the disgusting reputation. Darcy, an unpaid intern for a celeb gossip rag, is hired to help curb Nate's inappropriate impulses and keep his rep clean in the days leading up to the release of his latest blockbuster. What happens when the temptation becomes too great for both of them?

    I liked this story. I really did. While I enjoyed the plot, the characters, however, were a little off. I didn't like Darcy. I honestly tried to, but this heroine wasn't winning herself any points. She was judgmental, condescending, and an utter itchbay. Yup. I just threw in that pig latin right there. She was a Negative Nancy without just cause and she constantly verbally attacked Nate based on her own ignorant assumptions. Her facts (or lack thereof) lacked substance and I was supposed to believe she was a journalist. Although I really liked Nate, as he was the only character who I felt deserved my attention, I failed to connect with him because he came off as one-dimensional. He has an interesting back story and I wanted more of it. I wanted it to give him meaning. I wanted to feel the essence of his first defining moment. We get bits and pieces but not enough for the full picture.

    Overall it was an interesting and entertaining story. I'd probably rate it higher if Darcy had an attitude adjustment and Nate's character was fleshed out more. Actually, give me more of Nate and not so much of Darcy.

    Release Date: April 28, 2017
    Genre: Contemporary Romance
    POV: Dual - 1st person
    Steam: 3 out of 5
    Book Type: Standalone


    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment