Review: Low Blow by Kristen Hope Mazzola

April 16, 2017

Low Blow by Kristen Hope Mazzola
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone - Shots on Goal #4
Release - April 18, 2017
Genre - Sports Romance
Dual POV - 1st person
Heat - 3 out of 5
Length - 152 pages

One injury - a freaking broken rib.

That’s all it took to send life into a tailspin at the age of sixteen. After getting a heart transplant, I knew that I could never take life or my talents for granted - I was going to be the best of the best. Boxing consumed my life and I was on track for greatness.

Everything was perfect until I woke up one morning, ten years after my surgery with an overwhelming need to meet her - the girl whose father’s heart beat in my chest.

Little did I know that she was going to save me all over again.

Find Low Blow here:
Goodreads | Amazon

Read it for FREE with Kindle Unlimited


 MY REVIEW 

3.5 "short and sweet" stars!!

This was a sweet story with a tragic undertone. It says it all right there on the cover: "It all started with an end."

Ten years ago, Griffin received a heart transplant. He's now taking a look at his life and feels that he hasn't dug below the surface in anything. He's had trouble with having lasting or meaningful relationships and he's frustrated with the fact that although he's the middle-weight champion of the boxing world, his life really amounts to nothing. Feeling adrift, he's encouraged to seek closure... with the daughter of the man whose heart beats within him.

I liked many things about this story:
★ the honesty of its characters
★ the instant connection between Griffin and Olive
★ the show of support from family and friends
★ the crossover of past characters (Karla, Brayden, Myla and Gavin) and the intro to what may be a new story for Jordan and Crosby.

If you're looking for a hot and sweet read that has a guaranteed HEA, one-click LOW BLOW today!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!