Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Tuesday, April 11, 2017

    Review: Kiss Me Now

    Kiss Me Now Kiss Me Now by Holly Dodd
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    This is the second book I've read from Holly Dodd (well 3rd if you consider her co-written Dirty CEO) and I think it's her best work yet! She placed more emphasis on the plot, not the sex this go round, and I liked how character-driven this story turned out to be.

    What I liked:
    ★★★★ it was heavy on the plot
    ★★★★ the obvious effort made to create developed and realistic characters
    ★★★★ the subjects (triggers) were dealt with sensitively and knowledgeably and the author didn't shy away from tackling the devastation of her female lead, Angela
    ★★★★ how easy it was to put myself in the Angela's shoes
    ★★★★ Jackson was an amazing character and the author illustrated that nicely. He was kind, caring, compassionate, sensitive, understanding, protective, etc. Not to mention, he was sexy as hell!
    ★★★★ how this story shared a timeline overlap with Pin Me Down. I got to revisit Mia and Regi and finally see what happened to the other girl they rescued

    What I wanted to see:
    ★ the outcome of Angela seeking justice
    ★ Jackson and Angela as a real couple. Hopefully I'll get a glimpse of them in a future book

    Release Date: April 11, 2017
    Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
    POV: Dual - 1st person
    Steam: 4 (at the end)
    Book Type: Standalone - Book 3 of the Brewhouse series


    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment