Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Review: Checkmate: This is Reckless (Drew & Courtney, #1)

Checkmate: This is Reckless (Drew & Courtney, #1) Checkmate: This is Reckless (Drew & Courtney, #1) by Kennedy Fox
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.25 "I Ship Drewtney" stars!!

First things first... how has no one killed Mia?



No seriously. I can't understand how Drew is still with this chick. How??? And why hasn't everyone else conspired to execute her azz and dispose of the body? They need to get on that stat!!



Courtney's been in love with Drew for years. Too bad he's got her firmly in the friend zone. They're best friends and that's all there is to it. Until there's more. All it took was one night. A night of hot and intense passion. Suddenly Drew is finally able to let his past go and see what, or who, is right in front of him. But what happens when his past won't let him go?



This particular book ends on a huge cliffy. If you're anything like me, you'll be eager to get your hands on the next book. You better believe I'll be one-clicking when that book releases. I have to know what the heck happens next!

Again, I loved the banter, the injections of humor, the chemistry between the main characters, the way the authors worked me up with the drama and angst, and I can't wait to see what they pull out of their collective minds for the next one ;)

Release Date: February 28, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance - Friends to lovers trope
POV: Dual - 1st person
Steam: 3.5 out of 5
Book Type: Drew & Courtney Book 1/Checkmate Duet Book 3


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment