Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Monday, 24 April 2017

    Review: Checkmate: This is Effortless - Drew & Courtney #2

    Checkmate: This is Effortless - Drew & Courtney #2 Checkmate: This is Effortless - Drew & Courtney #2 by Kennedy Fox
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    This story picked up right where the last one ended. If you don’t know where that is then I suggest you pick up Checkmate: This is Reckless - Drew & Courtney #1 to find out. I’m trying really hard to avoid spoilers here!

    It started off strong. Amid tons of drama and some OTT moments, Drew and Courtney remained solid and united. I couldn’t have asked for more than that. I loved seeing their unity despite the chaos that surrounded them. However, towards the middle and getting to the end, I felt a lull in momentum. To be quite frank, it got a tad boring. I started to dislike Courtney and it all felt a bit like filler. I hate filler. The heroine started to act like a ditz and I was left unimpressed.

    When the story finally picked up steam, it gave me a sense of euphoria because I felt lost. Drew was the only reason I kept on reading. He was beyond amazing! The climax was a little anticlimactic but at least I finally got to sing the Munchkins song from The Wizard of Oz.

    Release Date: April 25, 2017
    Genre: Contemporary Romance
    POV: Dual - 1st person
    Steam:4 out of 5
    Book Type: Book 2 of Drew & Courtney and Book 4 of the Checkmate series


    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment