Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Review: Renegade

Renegade Renegade by Laramie Briscoe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ryan "Renegade" Kepler was a good cop, a dedicated agent, a loyal friend, and a man who knew exactly what (and who) he wanted. And for years he's wanted Whitney Trumbolt. So when she drunkenly demanded that he give her a night of pleasure, he couldn't refuse. Unfortunately, in the light of day, the passion cooled and Whitney treated their intimacy as a one-night stand. A night that resulted in a much desired pregnancy. Now Ryan is about to get everything he's ever wanted if he can just convince Whitney to get out of their way.

This story had the makings of a great book: a hot Alpha hero; a heroine desperately holding on to her newfound independence; the 10-year age difference; and the chemistry. It just didn't meet the mark for me. Whitney drove me nuts and as much as I sympathized with what she went through in her past relationship, I felt that it was used as a crutch to explain her abhorrent behavior towards the exemplary character that was Ryan. I also didn't like the fact that Ryan had to placate her and jump through hoops for a chance to be a part of his child's life. They did make their child together, right? And this is one of the many reasons why family courts exist, although I was surprised that that was never brought up as an option.

Overall, this story had a lot of great things going for it and I enjoyed it.

Release Date: March 9, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Steam: 3 out of 5
Book Type: Standalone - Book One of the Moonshine Task Force series


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment