Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Wednesday, 1 March 2017

    Review: I Am Lioness

    I Am Lioness I Am Lioness by Dee Garcia
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    4.25 "Hear Me Roar" stars!!

    I've read quite a few romances surrounding MMA fighters, and with I AM LIONESS, Dee Garcia has created a phenomenal one. In its own subtle way it debunked stereotypes and gender roles and shone a light on FEMALE MMA fighters. I freaking loved it!!

    Hazel has suffered some huge losses in her personal life, but they helped to shape her into a fierce competitor. Afraid to suffer again, she refuses to form any real attachments or connections and keeps everyone at arms-length. Until Knox barrelled his way into her life and wouldn't keep his distance. These two connected instantly and their chemistry was off-the-charts. I loved how steady and true Knox was and how that allowed Hazel to be truly vulnerable with him. They were just so sweet together.

    There was a suspense element added to the plot that really upped the drama and gave it a nice change of pace. This story was well-written with a plot that completely captivated me. The only thing that bugged me was the lack of a back story for Knox. The fact that he had any family, much less a sister, wasn't revealed until the end. And I wanted more information on his connection to Luis and Reyna. I'm hoping the second book, HEAR ME ROAR, continues the story of this amazing pair of characters because I don't believe their story is quite finished.

    Release Date: December 10, 2016
    Genre: Contemporary MMA Romance
    POV: Dual - 1st person
    Steam: 3 out of 5
    Book Type: Standalone?


    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment