Review: Dark Protector by Celia Aaron

March 02, 2017

Dark Protector by Celia Aaron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone - Dark Protector #1
Release - February 27, 2017
Genre - Romantic Suspense
Dual POV - 1st person
Heat - 4 out of 5
Length - 270 pages

From the moment I saw her through the window of her flower shop, something other than darkness took root inside me. Charlie shone like a beacon in a world that had long since lost any light. But she was never meant for me, a man that killed without remorse and collected bounties drenched in blood.
I thought staying away would keep her safe, would shield her from me. I was wrong. Danger followed in my wake like death at a slaughter house. I protected her from the threats that circled like black buzzards, kept her safe with kill after kill.
But everything comes with a price, especially second chances for a man like me.
Killing for her was easy. It was living for her that turned out to be the hard part.

Find it here:
Goodreads | Amazon

MY REVIEW

Conrad was lethal. No seriously. He was a hired killer. And every time he explained one of his kills or committed one, I fell even deeper for him. If loving him is wrong, I don't wanna be right. He was so sexy no matter what he did, whether it was taking a bullet, shooting someone in the face, or vowing to die, kill and live for Charlie.


Speaking of Charlie, she was pretty badazz herself. Without spelling out the plot, although she didn't have the same skill set as Con, there were times that she definitely held her own. And times when she surprised the heck out of everyone! How many women do you know that will make a shiv out of a toilet brush??? Exactly!!

Most of this story read like a 5-star read for me and just when I was satisfied to reward it with such, the story was over. While it was wrapped up with a neat little bow, it was too pat for me. It felt like too many plot holes were left unfilled. I'm really hoping that these details will be flushed out or clarified in a future book. *fingers crossed*

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!