Review: Body of The Crime by R. Scarlett

March 30, 2017

Body of the Crime by R Scarlett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Blackest Gold #2
Release - January 30, 2017
Genre - Paranormal Romance
Dual POV - 3rd person
Heat - 3.5 out of 5
Length - 346 pages
Review of book 1, Vein of Love

Never trust a demon.
Never trust your heart.
And never trust the woman who holds it.
In Body of the Crime, a beast craved a beauty and oh, how she ravaged him.

Warning: 18+, cliffhanger.

Find Body of the Crime here:
Goodreads | Amazon

Read it for FREE with Kindle Unlimited


MY REVIEW

Many people have asked if my opinion of Molly changed while reading this book and I must admit that she redeemed herself a little bit. I actually didn't hate her. I still didn't love her, but that didn't stop me from loving this story.

Once again it was Tensley who owned my heart. The author did a remarkable job of humanizing this fierce demon and I loved watching the battle that was being waged within him. As his heart grew, he was fighting against everything he knew. He was on the cusp of breaking the rules, all for Molly. To me, that's what made this installment so amazing.

I liked many elements of this story: how Molly has better control of her powers; how she and Tensley have started to step up as partners and are slowly learning to lean on each other; the twist that I totally saw coming regarding Molly's time with the hunters (although I didn't expect how brilliantly the author would let it come about); the injection of more evil; and funny enough I even enjoyed the comic delight that was Evelyn. I'm sure she wasn't supposed to be funny but she was pathetic, which made me laugh.

I didn't like that Tensley allowed himself to be turned on by Evelyn. Why put himself in those situations? I didn't like that Molly was still too immature at times. See, that's only two things so obviously I enjoyed the ever-loving heck out of this book. Now I'm left twiddling my thumbs until the next one.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!