Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Thursday, 30 March 2017

    Review: Beyond Repair

    Beyond Repair Beyond Repair by Annie Hughes
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    I can honestly say that I've never met someone quite like Lydia before, but I wish I had. She was awesome to read about. She was funny, quirky, smart as heck, self-aware, and she had a mental illness. Unfortunately that illness was starting to rule her life and we, the readers, had front row seats to her suffering. Luckily throughout it all she had an amazing support network with her BFF Kate, Kate's husband, Joe, her Uncle Roy, and surprisingly... Callum. I say surprisingly because at first he came off as judgmental and had to have his blinders forcibly removed. Once he came to appreciate Lydia and her limitations, he became a huge part of her circle. Sadly, none of them were able to truly help her.

    I can't wait to dive in to book two. I need to know the true extent of the evil Lydia had to endure from her father. Were her meds being messed with? I feel like there's a lot of deception hidden within the plot and I hope it all comes to light in the next book. Did anyone else think her doctor was acting fishy??? I'm also hoping for something romantic to FINALLY spark between Callum and Lydia. There's a heck of a lot of chemistry so I'm expecting big things *hint hint*

    Release Date: February 9th, 2016
    Genre: Contemporary
    POV: Dual - 1st person
    Steam: 3.5 out of 5
    Book Type: Book 1 of the Broken Girl series


    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment