Review: Worth of Waste by Bethany-Kris

February 09, 2017

Worth of Waste by Bethany-Kris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
DeLuca Duet #2
Release - February 6, 2017
Genre - Mafia Romance
Dual POV - 3rd person
Heat - 3 out of 5
Length - 233 pages

The Chicago Mob is the same as it has always been—violent, greedy, and excessive. The Outfit families have turned their backs when they were needed the most one too many times, but Dino DeLuca didn’t expect anything different.

His whole life has been lived for the Outfit—for his family.

He has a whole new set of reasons to live and fight now.

Karen Martin makes Dino change all the rules.

He’s finally ready to show everyone just how much waste is truly worth in the mafia, and just how far one will go for freedom from it all.

He’s learned these lessons well.

Too well.

Find it here:
Goodreads | Amazon

Read it for FREE with Kindle Unlimited


MY REVIEW

I wasn't sure if I was ready to read the conclusion of this duet. I was pretty clear on what to expect after reading Deathless & Divided. Well I couldn't be more wrong!! There were so many surprises in store for me in this book.

Dino DeLuca was trapped. Although his uncle, Mr. Evil himself, Ben, set him up, he was still obligated to him. In order to keep everyone he loved safe, he had to play by Ben's rules. It was utterly tragic to have to see him lead two lives: the one he wanted with Karen and that of a made man. The pressure he felt and the many ways he had to manipulate his life were their own special kinds of torture.

Dino still felt less than. Undeserving and unworthy. But in this book I finally got to see him start to accept his slivers of happiness. I lived for his smile and every second that he was able to spend with his family. In the end, Dino achieved exactly what he had set out to accomplish: to protect his siblings and to follow his heart with Karen.

Sidenote: I haven't finished the Chicago War series, but I hope all of the real "bad guys" (those I've REALLY come to despise) die slow and painful deaths! *wink* *fingers crossed*

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!