Thursday, February 9, 2017

Review: Worth of Waste

Worth of Waste Worth of Waste by Bethany-Kris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wasn't sure if I was ready to read the conclusion of this duet. I was pretty clear on what to expect after reading Deathless & Divided. Well I couldn't be more wrong!! There were so many surprises in store for me in this book.

Dino DeLuca was trapped. Although his uncle, Mr. Evil himself, Ben, set him up, he was still obligated to him. In order to keep everyone he loved safe, he had to play by Ben's rules. It was utterly tragic to have to see him lead two lives: the one he wanted with Karen and that of a made man. The pressure he felt and the many ways he had to manipulate his life were their own special kinds of torture.

Dino still felt less than. Undeserving and unworthy. But in this book I finally got to see him start to accept his slivers of happiness. I lived for his smile and every second that he was able to spend with his family. In the end, Dino achieved exactly what he had set out to accomplish: to protect his siblings and to follow his heart with Karen.

Sidenote: I haven't finished the Chicago War series, but I hope all of the real "bad guys" (those I've REALLY come to despise) die slow and painful deaths! *wink* *fingers crossed*

Release Date: February 6, 2017
Genre: Mafia Contemporary Romance
POV: Dual - 3rd person
Steam: 3 out of 5
Book Type: Book 2 of the DeLuca Duet


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment