Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Monday, February 27, 2017

    Review: Pin Me Down

    Pin Me Down Pin Me Down by Holly Dodd
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    Regi gets all of the stars!! This was a really hard book to read and rate because while I adored one character (Regi), I absolutely abhorred another (Mia). So all 3.5 stars in my rating go towards Regi's stellar performance in this story. He was so pathetic and yet so endearing and adorable that I couldn't help but root for him from the start. His poor heart was put through the wringer and a huge part of me wanted him to find someone else to give his all to.

    Mia was someone I couldn't help but hate. She was a wholly unsympathetic character and there was nothing to substantiate the colossal effort she made to be a ginormous b*tch. She was selfish, greedy, manipulative and cruel. She wasn't someone I would ever call a friend and why anyone gave her the time of day baffled me. I didn't care about her. If the next scene had her being struck by a car, I probably would have cheered. Okay, so I'm obviously exaggerating a bit, but I'm hoping you get my point. I couldn't root for her happy ending because in my opinion she didn't deserve one.

    So I'll leave off here telling you that if/when you read this story, I'm sure you will fall for Regi just as much as I did. He wasn't pure by any means, but a lot of his actions and his behavior can be understood and even accepted when looking through the rotten glass of life that Mia had poured for him.

    Release Date: February 28, 2017
    Genre: Contemporary Romance
    POV: Dual - 1st person
    Steam: 4 out of 5
    Book Type: Standalone


    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment