Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Monday, 20 February 2017

    Review: Knockout

    Knockout Knockout by J.C. Valentine
    My rating: 3 of 5 stars

    I feel like this story deserves a decent rant. As much as I enjoyed it, as much as it entertained me, there were quite a few things that irked the fck out of me!

    Let's start off with what I liked:
    ✔ Jami. I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I really liked him. I liked his cockiness that was on the right side of confidence. I liked how hot the author made him seem. Shoot, I was convinced that I wanted to lick him from head to toe too! I even liked his wishy-washiness. Yes, he was saying that he wasn't looking for anything serious, but that was his brain talking. His heart was making him do all of the things good men do. His protectiveness, his alphaness was all well warranted.
    ✔ The MMA backdrop. Guaranteed drooling!
    ✔ The history between Jami and Alyson. The author handled the domestic abuse with sensitivity.

    So what I didn't like:
    ✖ Alyson. Why was this chick so freaking TSTL??? She was like an assertive imbecile. Disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing no matter how dumb she looked. She never had a valid point!
    ✖ Alyson. Strange things are happening and not once did she ASSERT herself and share these things with Jami, the man who has taken it upon himself to protect her. Freaking idiot!
    ✖ Alyson. She constantly complained about Jami's career. WTF?! I was unable to sympathize with her. I get that she was a victim when she was a child. I get it. But c'mon. He was already an MMA fighter when they reunited. Matter of fact, it was at one of his damn events that they did their reuniting!!
    ✖ Alyson. Through all of the flashbacks, there was no mention of where her parents were in present time. I know that's not her fault, but because I hate her, I'm laying the blame at her doorstep.
    ✖ Alyson. She was ungrateful, inconsiderate, and unworthy of Jami.

    Overall, an interesting story that I will definitely see it's conclusion in Tapout, if only to continue seeing Jami ;)

    Release Date: April 6, 2014
    Genre: Contemporary MMA Fighter Romance
    POV: Dual - 3rd person
    Steam: 3 out of 5
    Book Type: Book One of the Wayward Fighters duet

    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment