Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Sunday, 26 February 2017

    Review: The Hot One

    The Hot One The Hot One by Lauren Blakely
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    I absolutely love anything that Lauren Blakely writes and she's on my one-click list for sure! She mainly writes from the male perspective, but I've noticed that with the One Love series, she's doing both. And she's nailing it.

    "The full monty deserves a full monty." I've got to admit, my favorite scene was Tyler's first grand gesture (of many) to get Delaney to go out with him again.

    "A six-pack is my shrine. I want to touch it, lick it, and rub my head against it like a cat rolling in catnip. Meow, indeed." Amen!

    In THE HOT ONE, Tyler and Delaney were once college sweethearts. Tyler broke both of their hearts when he decided to focus on what was best for his future career. Fast forward 8 years and through a chance encounter, these two realize they now live in the same city and their feelings for one another never died.

    And thus commenced the romance and grovel-fest. It was immediately clear that Tyler regretted his past decision and he had no problem grovelling for another chance. I loved it. Who doesn't love a good grovel?! Even when he messed up mid-grovel, he owned it and it only endeared him to me more.

    This story was well-written with sufficient character development and an entertaining plot. I especially enjoyed the character crossover and welcomed the opportunity to check in with my favorites. What else can I say? Buy and read the book. Between the fantastic cover and the story within, be prepared to swoon!

    Release Date: February 27, 2017
    Genre: Second Chance Romantic Comedy
    POV: Dual - 1st person
    Steam: 4 out of 5
    Book Type: Standalone with character crossover


    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment