Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Review: The Bartender

The Bartender The Bartender by Piper Rayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was one wacky, drama-filled, fun-having example of RomCom!

What I Liked:
❃ the camaraderie between the BFFs. Whitney (the main character), Lennon and Tahlia had an enviable friendship, filled with love, loyalty and laughter.
❃ the way the humor was injected into the story. It wasn't obvious. The phrasing of each scene is what brought the chuckles out and made it easy for me to imagine what was playing out from the words.
❃ everything that had to do with Cole! Although we don't get his POV, his character still found ways to amaze me and I just wanted so much more of him.
❃ what I'm sure was the lead-in at the end to The Boxer. Can't wait!

What I Didn't Like:
❃ Whitney was petty. Honestly, the hate and resentment she held towards Cole was ridiculous. So because of that I didn't like nor respect the way that she treated him for the first half of the book.

Overall, there were doses of humor and love throughout the story with some drama thrown in to spice things up!

Release Date: February 1, 2017
Genre: Romantic Comedy
POV: Heroine - 1st person
Steam: 4 out of 5
Book Type: Standalone, but I do imagine there will be some crossover in The Boxer


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment