Review: Worth the Wait by A.J. Pine

January 16, 2017

Worth the Wait by AJ Pine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone - Kingston Ale House #4
Release - Jaunary 16, 2017
Dual POV - 3rd person
Heat - none
Length - 285 pages

I like to think of myself as a man of pleasure…

I enjoy a good pint of ale, being in the arms of a beautiful woman, and living by my own rules. The only thing I try to avoid? Commitment. And I’ve got a three-year success rate to prove it.

I wasn’t planning on Grace—the beautiful, funny, totally off-limits massage therapist who keeps popping up in my life. She’s on a six-month mission to rid her life of toxins. No alcohol. No red meat. And, yeah, no men. I’m talking full-on man cleanse.

I know I should walk away, but I can’t…and the only way to keep her in my life is to live by her rules. I’ll need to prove to a woman who’s lost all trust in men that I’m worthy of her love. And do it all without so much as a single kiss.

The only problem? If I win, I’ll lose the one thing I swore I’d never give up. My heart.

Find it here:
Goodreads | Amazon


MY REVIEW

This was a sweet story about two people who were afraid to trust their hearts... again.

Jeremy was left heartbroken three years ago when his girlfriend turned down his proposal and left town. He's on a "no commitment" diet. Grace had her heart broken by a boyfriend who stole her money and has forced her to work two jobs to make ends meet, all while keeping her family out of the loop. It's complicated.

Jeremy was intelligent, handsome and pretty easy going, but didn't seem to take anything seriously. His failure to commit seemed to extend to his professional side as well, which made for an interesting little side story with Jamie. Grace was on a man cleans for 6 months. Nuff said. But these two connected on an emotional level, despite the lack of a physical relationship, which was sweet to watch unfold.

While I enjoyed this story, I didn't love it as much as I thought it would. It just didn't measure up to Three Simple Words. I did love getting to see past characters again, but I failed to truly connect with the main ones. So although this story was sweet, endearing and entertaining, it failed to actually move me. However, would I read anything from this author again? Heck yeah I would!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!