Review: The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

January 26, 2017

The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone - Roommates #1
Release - January 24, 2017
Genre - Contemporary Romance
Trope - best friend's sibling
Dual POV - 1st person
Heat - 3 out of 5
Length - 324 pages

The last time I saw my best friend’s younger brother, he was a geek wearing braces. But when Cannon shows up to crash in my spare room, I get a swift reality check.

Now twenty-four, he’s broad shouldered and masculine, and so sinfully sexy, I want to climb him like the jungle gyms we used to enjoy. At six-foot-something with lean muscles hiding under his T-shirt, a deep sexy voice, and full lips that pull into a smirk when he studies me, he’s pure temptation.

Fresh out of a messy breakup, he doesn’t want any entanglements. But I can resist, right?

I’m holding strong until the third night of our new arrangement when we get drunk and he confesses his biggest secret of all: he’s cursed when it comes to sex. Apparently he’s a god in bed, and women instantly fall in love with him.

I’m calling bullshit. In fact, I’m going to prove him wrong, and if I rack up a few much-needed orgasms in the process, all the better.

There’s no way I’m going to fall in love with Cannon. But once we start... I realize betting against him may have been the biggest mistake of my life.

Find it here:
Goodreads | Amazon


MY REVIEW

If you're looking for a light, easy, feel-good romance, THE ROOM MATE delivers!!

First, let us all bask in the awesomeness of this book's cover. Mmmhmm... Christian Hogue. I stalk follow him on IG and let me just say that his girlfriend is one lucky chica!

Okay, let's focus. Back to the book!

Cannon is a 24-year old gorgeous, sexy, charming, brilliant, successful, considerate... ok, you get the point. He's wonderful. He's the awesome in awesomesauce. He's two months away from starting his residency (Yes! He's a doctor y'all) and now he's got no place to live. Why? Like 50 Cent and Lil Kim say, he's got the "magic stick". One poke and girls are in love with him. They turn crazy and obsessive and one too many of these psychos got him evicted. But no worries because his big sister has a solution. He can stay with her BFF, 28-year old Paige, who they've known their whole lives. Who he's crushed on for 10 years. Who he's wanted to sleep with for 8. But that's alright because he's sworn off relationships and refuses to have anyone or anything distract him from his goals.

Tee hee... ha ha ha... All of that crap goes out the window when Paige challenges his "magic stick" theory!

The only thing that really threw me off was that ALL of the drama in this story happens towards the end. It seemed like each chapter had some type of mess going on. And on top of all of that, the ending, though happy, wasn't enough for lil ol' me :( But overall, I enjoyed the pants off this book and recommend it to all fans of romance!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!