Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Review: Friction

Friction Friction by Emily Snow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's been a while since I've read anything from Emily Snow. And this was an AWESOME way to get back into her writing!!

Jace... Jace... Jace...

Can I just tell you how much I FLOVED Jace. His character was amazing and my fervent wish for this book was that the entire story was told from his POV. Honest. He was that solid. I know my wish may not go over well. I'm sure there are people who loved and appreciated Lucy's POV. Sadly, I'm not one of them. I couldn't stand her. I tried. I tried to get past my issues with her. And while she has many redeeming qualities (i.e. intelligence, morals, a big heart), she rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not saying that prudish people are unacceptable, but her prudishness went to the nth degree! She came off as rude, condescending, judgmental, the already mentioned prudish, etc. Especially when it came to Jace and his business. She quite literally almost ruined this story for me. Thankfully Jace's POV was there to balance things out and save the damn day!

This story was incredibly sexy (and I mean SEXY) and was virtually "un-put-down-able". I'm super excited to see what this author has in store for us next!

Release Date: January 18, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Steam: 4 out of 5
Series or standalone: Standalone
Publisher: HEA Press


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment