Review: Fatal Harmony by Anne Malcom

January 30, 2017

Fatal Harmony by Anne Malcom
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
The Vein Chronicles #1
Release - January 31, 2017
Genre - Paranormal Romance
Heroine POV - 1st person
Heat - 1 out of 5
Length - 434 pages

I may be the villain of the story, but at least I get a leading role.
Evil is a term thrown around history and literature as if it's something so easily definable. A concept to fight against.
Evil doesn’t exist.
Neither does ‘good.’
Vampires do, though.
I just happen to be one.
I’ve cruised through the centuries managing to avoid all the wars, supernatural and human, but still going to all the best parties.
I would say I avoided bloodshed, but it’s kind of part of the whole ‘vampire’ thing.
I’ve lived on the fringes of a society that considered cruelty and sadism favorable character traits for almost five hundred years. Now I'm in the middle of a war that might just put my nonbeating heart in a lot of danger.
Battles, I can handle.
The impossible attraction between me and the vampire slayer, not to mention the penetrating gaze of the king of our race, on the other hand?
I might not get out undead.

Find it here:
Goodreads | Amazon

Read it for FREE with Kindle Unlimited


MY REVIEW

This book was incredible!! It you're a fan of the paranormal and this book ISN'T on your radar, ADD IT!! It's got vampires, slayers, tons of action scenes, vampire politics, scheming and betrayals. And there's lots of fighting and blood and gore and sarcasm and witticisms and other fun stuff.

Ok, so the main character was Isla and the story is told entirely from her perspective. I had a real love/hate connection with this girl. She was narcissistic, arrogant, inconsiderate, insensitive, and downright rude and immature. What I loved about her, what seemed to outweigh all of that, was her humanity. IKR??? A lethal vampire with a heart??? But it's true. Although she tried to deny, to hide it, to fight it, it still remained a huge part of her. And the slayer in her life, Thorne, wasn't about to let her forget it either. Oh, not only was their relationship taboo (common sense right?), but it was punishable by death. But even in the face of certain death, these two were unable to stop or deny their love for each other. Like I said, Isla could be forgiven because of her humanity.

Anne Malcom's writing of this story was phenomenal. It was fluid, eloquent and evocative. There wasn't a moment where I wasn't completely absorbed with her words and I am figuratively dying to find out what happens next. That ending broke my heart and I refuse to let things between us end this way.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!