Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Tuesday, January 24, 2017

    Review: Casanova

    Casanova Casanova by Emma Hart
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    I wasn't sure how to rate this. For the most part I more than enjoyed it. However, I was thrown by the crux of the problem that existed between the main characters and I have to admit that it bothered me quite a bit.

    Brett and his twin, Camille, were best friends with Lani in high school. Sometimes when a boy and a girl are friends, things can get complicated. Feelings can evolve. They have the potential to bring you pleasure, but can also dump you into pain. Hurt led to an 8-year separation, unanswered questions, and unresolved feelings.

    Brett was a jerk with a heart of gold. Lani was a bit harder to read (much less stomach), but she was pretty sassy. Their chemistry was undeniable and their intimate scenes were scorchingly hot. Brett had one heck of a dirty mouth.

    My only issue was the reason for the separation. Not so much the anguish each felt because that was understandable. I remember being an angst-filled teenager. It was more the fact that they held onto it for so long, especially Lani. At 26, I would think that she'd find a more constructive way to deal with the heartbreak she suffered at the age of 18.

    Overall, this was an entertaining book that gave me a few laughs (thanks Aunt Bel), some tingles, and a warm heart. Oh and I wish there was more to the ending ;)

    Release Date: January 24, 2017
    Genre: Contemporary Romance
    POV: Dual - 1st person
    Steam: 3 out of 5
    Series or standalone: Standalone


    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment