Review: The Boss by J.L. Perry

January 28, 2017

The Boss by JL Perry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone
Release - January 29, 2017
Genre - Contemporary Romance
Trope - best friend's sibling
Dual POV - 1st person
Heat - 3 out of 5
Length - 164 pages

Hanna Scott ... she’s been my obsession since I was seventeen.
She’s the object of every dirty thought I’ve ever had.
I’m consumed.
I lust over her … albeit from afar.
She has no idea how I feel.
And my secret can never come out,
because there’s one major hurdle standing in our way …
she’s my best friend’s little sister.
When she offers to stand in as my temporary secretary, I’m torn.
Will I be able to risk the temptation?
Or will I succumb and lose everything that I hold dear?

Find it here:
Goodreads | Amazon


MY REVIEW

I knew JL Perry could write ever since I fell in love with Carter in Bastard. She makes cocky heroes oh so tempting and they always seem to have hearts of gold. In THE BOSS, Harrison is no exception.

Known to have quite the reputation as a ladies man, Harrison is averse to commitment. His longest relationships lasted weeks. However, his crush on Hanna has lasted YEARS!! The only problem is that she's his best friend's little sister and essentially untouchable. Or is she? Find out what happens when Hanna reveals that the feelings are mutual.

That's all I'm going to say for the plot. It's light and easy with plenty of chemistry and some sexy times. The main focus of the story is the feelings involved and how virtually nothing can stand in the way of love.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!