Review: Perfect Rage by Nashoda Rose

January 05, 2017

Perfect Rage by Nashoda Rose
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone - Unyielding #3
Release: July 24, 2016
Length: 325 pages

This is Connor's story.

Unstable.
Unpredictable.
Consumed by perfect rage.
I was fighting who I’d become and what I’d done.

There was nothing I cared about except her.
She was mine.
But I’d forgotten her—my shutterbug.
And I lost her.

Until now.

I’d do anything to possess her again.
Anything to keep her safe.
Protect her against my biggest opponent.

The monster.

Me.

Find it here:
Goodreads | Amazon


MY REVIEW

It's official. Nashoda is on my list of 1-click authors. This one was another hit! I loved what I read from the Tear Asunder series and fell in love with this group of characters and the lovefest has continued with Perfect Rage. I've been intrigued by Connor for quite some time and when I saw that my girl from The 6ix wrote his story, I was on that quick. I've had it sitting on my kindle for a while and I'm annoyed that it took me so damn long to get to it. But boy was it worth the wait.

This story was about Connor and Alina. Eleven years ago, they fell in love in Afghanistan (Connor was in the military and Alina was there on assignment as a photographer). An evil man (Carlos) from Alina's life back home manipulated her to abandon and shun Connor. Carlos was truly wicked and held Connor prisoner and fed him an experimental drug that turned him into a ruthless killing machine under Vault and shielded his memories. Eventually Connor and Deck rescue Alina and this story is about Connor's healing and their potential future.

That's all I'm going to reveal of the plot. Nashoda Rose has the stunning ability to merge dark and suspenseful themes with something with a contemporary feel. I personally can't get enough of it and that's why she'll always have a fan in me. The only reason this didn't get 5 stars is because I was a little let down with the ending prior to the epilogue. I watched Connor struggle with his demons: the rage and the pain. Yet when this issue was finally resolved, it was almost like a fast forward. It was glossed over with a couple of sentences like it was no big deal. But it was a big deal because the entire book was about his issues! Other than that, this was another amazing book from this author.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!