Review: The Only One by Lauren Blakely

January 05, 2017

The Only One by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone - One Love #2
Release: December 6, 2016
Length: 140 pages

Let’s say there was this guy. And he gave you the most mind-blowing night of sex in your life. And you never saw him again.
Until ten years later.
Now, it turns out he’s the ONLY ONE in all of Manhattan whose restaurant is available the night of my charity’s gala.
The trouble is, he doesn’t recognize me.
***
This woman I’m working with is so damn alluring. The first time I set eyes on her, I’m captivated and I can’t get her out of my mind. Even if it’s risky to tango with someone I’m working with, she’s a risk I’m willing to take.
The trouble is, she won’t give me the time of day.
But I’m determined to change that.

THE ONLY ONE is a standalone novella following characters first introduced in THE SEXY ONE (Gabriel) and WELL HUNG (Penny).

Find it here:
Goodreads | Amazon


MY REVIEW

I liked this one. I liked it a lot. The story had very little drama, tons of steam, and oodles of sappy romance.

Ten years ago, Gabriel and Penny met and had three gloriously intimate days together. In love, they decide to meet up again in NY in a week to reunite in the city in which they'll both be building/starting their lives in. One week later, Penny is the only one who shows up. Fast forward 10 years and fate decides to step in the reunite this pair. And what a hot little reunion it was!

A short and sweet story about the role of destiny and about what can happen when "the one who got away"... comes back ;)

Genre: Contemporary Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!