Review: Hit the Spot by J. Daniels

January 05, 2017

Hit the Spot by J Daniels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone - Dirty Deeds #2
Release: December 6, 2016
Length: 385 pages

Is this love or just a game?

Tori Rivera thinks Jamie McCade is rude, arrogant, and worst of all . . . the sexiest man she's ever laid eyes on. His reputation as a player is almost as legendary as his surfing skills. No matter how her body heats up when he's around, she's determined not to be another meaningless hookup.

Jamie McCade always gets what he wants. The sickest wave. The hottest women. And Tori, with her long legs and smart mouth, is definitely the hottest one. He knows Tori wants him-hell, most women do-but she won't admit it. After months of chasing and one unforgettable kiss, it's time for Jamie to raise the stakes.

Jamie promises that soon Tori won't just want him in her bed, she'll be begging for it-and he might be right. Somehow he's found the spot in her heart that makes her open up like never before. But with all she knows about his past, can she really trust what's happening between them? Is Jamie playing for keeps or just playing to win?

Find it here:
Goodreads | Amazon


MY REVIEW

After reading some of the early reviews for this, a part of me is sort of happy that I didn't read Four Letter Word yet. I went into this book blind. I didn't know Jamie and so he started with a blank slate. I've gotta say that I fell for him pretty quickly. Yeah yeah yeah "but what about when he cussed out Tori?" So what? I would have done the same thing. I probably would have said A LOT worse. Given the circumstances, that one scene didn't deter me from swooning all over him.

Tori, on the other hand, drove me freaking nuts for the first half of the book. This was probably because I couldn't relate. I know it was a case of "it's just me". I know. Because I really kinda hated her for the first 50% or so. I couldn't see where she was coming from because I didn't read the first book and therefore bypassed all of Jamie's whorishness (yeah, it's a word. My word). So, for the first part, Tori came off childish, immature, slightly insane, irrational, etc. You get my drift. Thankfully my opinion of her vastly improved for the second half because I came to love her in the end.

The thing I love about this author's books is that while they're romantic and swoony and sexy and erotic and hot and "oh my gosh, why isn't this happening to me right now" steamy, they're also pretty funny. And no two books are alike IMO. They don't follow a set formula so you NEVER know what you're going to get. I couldn't predict shit. You just know that you're guaranteed to love the direction she's going to take you in. I had a love/hate relationship with the games these characters played (I'm not a fan of emotional games or any form of manipulation... that's me), but I absolutely loved them together. I even loved Jamie's caveman speech. Dude couldn't form a complete sentence if his life depended on it. HOT!!

Back to the funny. As I type this, I'm chuckling over the diner scene when Tori wants to claim Jamie to the 5 people in there. Too freaking hilarious!

I can't wait to find out what J. Daniels is coming out with next!

Genre: Contemporary Romance/Romantic Comedy
POV: Dual - 1st person
Steam Level: 4

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!