Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Wednesday, 16 November 2016

    Review: Ex Games

    Ex Games Ex Games by Stella Rhys
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    Gotta say, I loved this book. I loved the concept, the characters, the writing, the development, etc. Stella Rhys has found a new fan in me!

    Taylor was dumped by her fiance. He left her for his brother's ex-girlfriend. What were these jilted lovers to do? Why not fake a relationship in the hopes of breaking up the new "happy" couple. Too bad no one factored in actual feelings into the plan.

    Taylor was a likable character, albeit a tad bit annoying at times. However, Mason was the true star of this story. I loved him. I loved how he debunked all of Taylor's misconceptions regarding his character (although a lot of what she believed was based on his jealous brother's fabrications). I loved how he made sure that Taylor felt special, cared for and needed. He was awesome!

    So why not 5 stars? I needed Mason's POV. Taylor wasn't a strong enough voice on her own. I was also a little dissatisfied with the ending. It didn't have to have an epilogue but everything wrapped up too quickly. The underlying premise of the story is that Aaron (the ex-fiance) was set to marry Mason's ex. However, besides one sentence regarding that situation's outcome, that was it. Besides all of that, I think I needed more time with Mason and Taylor as a couple in love to be completely sold.

    An ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review


    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment