Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Thursday, 13 October 2016

    Sound Effects by LJ Greene


    What is YOUR passion?



    SOUND EFFECTS
    A Ripple Effects Novel
    L.J. Greene
    Releasing Oct 10th, 2016


    When an
    uncharacteristically rash decision lands law school graduate Melody Grayson in
    San Francisco’s dicey Tenderloin District, she comes face to face with a
    dangerously tempting man who embodies every mistake she swore she would never
    repeat. Passionate, sexy, and far more insightful than she’d care to admit, he
    causes her to question everything she thought she knew about her future. Now
    she’ll have to decide where the bigger risk lies: in the prudent path she has
    been working tirelessly to pursue, or in the intriguing but uncertain one he’s
    offering.

    Up-and-coming,
    Irish-born musician Jamie Callahan is no stranger to chaos; he’s lived a
    lifetime of it. But in the fall of 2004, when the music industry is on the
    verge of massive upheaval, the life he aspires to could come at a heavier price
    than he’s prepared to pay. And while Melody may be the ideal person to help him
    navigate the gambles he must take, a relationship with her might be his biggest
    gamble yet.


    SOUND
    EFFECTS is a standalone dual POV adult contemporary romance that captures the
    gloriously unpredictable nature of life, in which the path from who you are, to
    who you’re meant to become may not be a straight one. It may also have a few
    bumps. Sexy, humor-filled, and relatable, Sound Effects is a story about living
    passionately, staying true to yourself, and finding that one magic person who
    makes the journey of self-discovery an adventure worth taking.

    BUY NOW



    Excerpt

    Even if I had wanted to, I couldn’t have hidden where my own imagination had gone. Every inch of his body called to mine. His fingers in my hand were large and rough. I bit down gently on the pad of his index finger as he drew it from my mouth. Then, he pressed his thumb to my lower lip and I opened wider to take it in. His eyes were ablaze. In and out, I sucked the tip of his thumb while he stood, statue-like, staring. Arousal was radiating off of him in the short, shallow bursts of his breath and in the rapid rise and fall of his chest.
    “Don’t tease me,” he finally whispered, his voice hoarse with desire.
    “I wouldn’t.”
    I couldn’t, honestly. I wanted him that fiercely. I was sure that my body was already primed for it.
    Suddenly, he spun me to face the sink and I felt the cool edge of the countertop cut across my abdomen. There was a window directly in my view, but my mind’s eye was focused intently on the press of his body behind me. His hands brushed my hair forward to one side. As he traced my neck and shoulders, I could feel the calluses on each fingertip from his instruments, and on his palms as a consequence of his work. My own hands clenched into fists and felt soft and untested by comparison.

    Pick up RIPPLE EFFECTS, 
    a standalone romance


    L.J.
    Greene 
    is a self-professed obsessive multi-tasker who
    writes really boring stuff by day and lets her inner romantic fly by night.
    This California native is married to the most amazing man and has two beautiful
    children, not old enough to read her books. (They probably wouldn’t want to
    anyway on account of the “Ew, gross” factor.) She’s an avid reader of all
    genres, with an embarrassingly large eBook collection and a weird penchant for
    reading the acknowledgements pages of the books she buys. She's also a music
    lover with no apparent musical talent, a travel enthusiast, and a cheese
    connoisseur.






    a Rafflecopter giveaway


    Sound EffectsSound Effects by L.J. Greene

    My rating: 4 of 5 stars


    Release Date: October 11, 2016

    I'm not sure what I was expecting when I dove into this book, but I got more than I bargained for. That's for sure. The author created wholesome characters.




    I know... I know! Who does that?! No one was spiteful, mean spirited, callous, jealous, rude, etc. No one! And the book still worked!!

    This story involved budding rock star Jamie and fresh out of law school, Melody. It was basically love at first sight for both of them. No question. And although there was a bit of an upset at the beginning...




    ... straight-laced Mel had to dig deep to accept Jamie's artistic force, and there was very little angst between this couple. Honestly, the "problems" ranked really low on the real problem scale. And it still totally worked!

    I was caught up in the words. The author wrote this story beautifully. I loved how she illustrated the events, the camaraderie between the main and side characters, and the depth of emotion felt by all. I especially loved how she detailed the music. She made it its own entity and it was pure magic. This story was light and magical.

    ARC generously given in exchange for an honest review







    View all my reviews

    1 comment:

    1. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely review! Love the Brandy/Monica meme! #Throwback

      ReplyDelete