Monday, October 24, 2016

Review: Rein In

Rein In Rein In by Anne Jolin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Anne Jolin has created a beautiful story with equally beautiful characters. Aurora was the epitome of light and Rhys was the darkness. But they both had hearts of gold and it shone through each page of this book.

Rhys had never had it easy, which was obvious from the start. It could have negatively twisted him. He could have let it warp him, turn him further down the wrong road. But he remained true. I truly admired the way his character was infused with the traits of honor, respect, consideration and protectiveness. He was so quiet, but even silence so much is said. I may not have condoned his behaviour or actions sometimes, but I got it. His choices came from a good place. Yes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, but he accepted the consequences and paid his debt. And for that, he's got my admiration. After all of the strife in his life, he definitely deserved to reap some rewards. The greatest reward of all was Aurora.

Honestly, this was a wonderful story and a fantastic intro, IMO, to the writing style of Anne Jolin. I've never read anything from her prior to this, but I will absolutely be reading more of her work now!

An ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment